Friday, March 25, 2011

September 2010

In the month of September, the weather stayed pretty nice, which I was so happy about! Anyone who lives around here, knows how once it starts to rain and get cold, it lasts forever, so we all hang and try to take advantage of every last sunny day!!



This was one of those last few days of summer, and I took my kids, and some of my in-laws kiddos to Lundeen park so they could play on the toys, play in the sand, and of course feed the ducks!




I've realized that Chris and I hardly ever get any pictures together, because one of us (usually me) is always taking the pictures, and I hate asking people to take pictures for me. But this was one of those rare occasions, where we were without our kids, (at my friend Katie's beautiful wedding) and I had someone take our picture, so I thought I would post it!!



We had a few "firsts" this month! Charli had her first ballet class! I guess technically it was called "creative movement". Anyways she was sooooooo excited, mostly because the child loves nothing more than to dress up and dance around! You are aloud to wear pretty much what you want, as long as you have bare feet, so we had fun with that, and got her lots of fun tutus!!




Charli also had her first day of preschool!! I wasn't sure what she was going to think at first, but she has LOVED it from her first step in the door! She attends Elim Christian Preschool, and I love it, she learns so much, has made lots of new friends, and does the coolest (some times messiest) art projects that I would never think to do at home! She's had field trips, activities, and even a Christmas play! Here she is on her first day with her two best friends Grace Bates, and Grace Mitchell!



That's Brooks arm on the left. He and I both wish he could have stayed!!




They learned very quickly to recognize and write their own name!



Here she is on day one, with Ms. Teresa, one of her teachers. Ms, Felicia is her other teacher, and she loves them both!



This is that classic picture that we all take of our child on the front step before the big first day, with a back pack on, and a big smile!! I'm so happy she had such a wonderful experience with preschool this year! I will be sad when it's over in May, but looking forward to next year already!


When it comes to brooks in the month of September, he hit one major mile stone, and that's WALKING!!!! It took him a little longer than Charli who walked at ten months, but I was in no hurry to speed him up, because after walking comes, running, climbing, and therefor getting into EVERYTHING..... which is where we're at now! But of course we were proud of our little boy!!

The last big event of September, was finding out we are expecting baby number 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For those of you who didn't already know, I'm due May 18th, and we're having another little baby boy!! I'm seriously praying for a mellow child, considering Brooks is the busiest, craziest kid, who does and goes where ever he feels like, and throws major fits when he doesn't get his way:) ......we NEED an easy baby!! Hahaha! When I found out, I decided to let Brooks be the one to tell Chris, so I found this shirt, and waited for Chris to FINALLY notice what it said!! (it says big brother) His first response was "Whats up with Brooks shirt... did you get it on sale or something, because it doesn't make any sense" There's Chris for ya! But moments later he put it together, and we had a fun night celebrating the big news!


No comments: