Sunday, March 20, 2011

June 2010

So in a word, June was "HAWAII"!!!!! Way back last June..... Yes I know I'm slightly behind on updating my blog.... we were lucky enough to be able to go to the North Shore of Oahu for TWO WEEKS for my sister-in-law Michelle's wedding! Needless to say it was Hawaii, so it was Amazing! Looking at these pictures makes me want to go back so bad, I'm seriously looking at flights on line. These pictures are really in no particular order from our trip, and they just a handful, considering I took about 500 pictures, but anyways 10 months later, here's our trip to Hawaii!!!!


The happy bride and groom, Michelle and Palauni Samumanutafa!!




The reception was amazing full of performances of all kinds, amazing food, and of course tons of family! The night went really late, and my little boy (10 months at the time) couldn't make it! I love sleeping babies!





My sis-in-law's Jen and Kristi had all the little girls do a Tahitian dance at the reception, and it was the cutest thing ever!!! They stayed up all night making the most adorable costumes for all of them!! Charli still loves hers, and puts it on all the time!





Charli and her uncle Keani dancing at the reception! Ahhhh cute!






These are the kind of pictures I get when I tell my kids to smile:)





They're looking good though!





My two handsome boys, before the reception started!



Some days at the pool were so exciting and full of fun that it just wore my kids out.



The last week of our trip, Chris, and and his brothers Rob and Jeff Met some of Palauni's friends and cousins who got them seriously addicted to spear fishing!! This was one of the few pictures I got, because when they really loved to go was about 10pm when it was pitch black. They would use spot lights to see the fish. I can't think of anything more scary than swimming in the open ocean during sharks feeding time. I glad no one got eaten.




Our princess at the beach





Chris outside the AMAZING house we stayed in for the last week, after cracking open this coconut with his bare hands!!






Charli and the beautiful bride!





Trying to get a cute picture outside Chris's parents beach front villa we got to stay at during our first week



Charli Golfing with her Daddy on Fathers Day!




Brooks and his cousin Grayson at the famous Hanauma Bay. This is the most amazing snorkeling spot ever! There are tropical fish and sea turtles everywhere! We even got Charli a little snorkel, and she was able to go out with us, and see all the amazing things, including a huge turtle that she still talks about!



Chris and I decided to spend two nights down in Waikiki, just for fun, and this is just us outside of the international market place!





We found some random person to take a picture of us, and believe it or not, this is one of the only family shots we got on the the whole trip!





We spent a day at the Sea Life Park, and the kids loved it!! There was all sorts of things to see and touch, including a sea lion and penguin show, and an amazing dolphin show!




Charli and Brooks!




Boogie boarding at the beach! All the kids loved this, but I have to say, so did I! I hadn't done it in years, and forgot how much fun it was! I believe this was at Castle Beach.




One day, we took all these kids, and hiked up to the top of Diamond head mountain! Its quite the climb, but worth it at the end.




The view.



There were some seriously crazy long, steep stairs, that seemed to go on forever!!!!!



My boys, at Waimea Bay!




Just another Day at the beach!! We honestly did so much this trip I can hardly believe it. I wish I had the time to post all my pictures, but seeing as I have July through this March still to go, Im gonna leave it as is:) But I will list some of my favorite things we did, for my own memory: Castle beach with the family, Hanging out at the turtle bay pool, lava flows, dinners at the villa, Cafe Rio at Jens house (the night that inspired us to get a bounce house), golfing on Fathers Day, Hanging out with Michelle and Palauni, The PCC, the PCC night show, the amazing wedding, Decorating the happy couple's car, watching my little boy litterly eat handfuls of sand, Charli becoming an expert swimmer, visiting the spot where Chris and I got engaged, walks at night, driving our little rental car, Teds Bakery, Wiamea Bay, Sunset Beach, Haleiwa shopping and snow cones, spending time with my amazing family, and every moment imbetween! Seriously this was the best vacation EVER!!

1 comment:

Brooke said...

long time no see. can't wait for more updates. I want to compare our little guys. Except they are not so little anymore. Book me a flight to Hawaii too!!!