Thursday, March 24, 2011

August 2010

August was so hard to go back and recap, because we did so many fun things, a lot of which I didn't take any pictures of! We had such a fun summer, and August was as jam packed as it could have been, from trips to Chelan, camping, the fair, countless trips to parks and beaches, days and days spent at Chris's mom's pool, bbq's, and the list goes on! But I'll start with one of August biggest events in our family, which was Brooks first birthday! We didn't really have a theme, just had lots of friends and family over to have cake and ice cream and jump in the bounce house! Brooks had a blast, and so did we! We love our little boy so much, and couldn't imagine our lives without him! Happy birthday to our little Brooks!!





He's just hangin out before his party



Opening presents! He got waaaaay to much cool stuff!




Charli like all kids, loved helping him open his presents!




We tried to make all the kids line up youngest to oldest to hit the pinata, and it didn't take them long to bust it open



Brooks didn't disappoint when in came time to dig into his cake!





Brooks with his uncle Bucky, and his little cousin Eddie! They recently moved to NYC and we miss them like Crazy!! It was such a fun night, and we lucked out that we had perfect weather for both our kids birthday's!!

We actually made a couple trips to Chelan in August, but I combined these pictures. I absolutely LOVE going to Chelan, any chance I get! Sometimes it may seem like a hassle to pack up the kids, and the dogs, and go for a 3 hour drive, but its ALWAYS worth it! We fish, wake board, intertube, hang out at the beach, smores at night, bbq, boat rides, play at the playground, and swim at the pool. And that's just the summer time!

Here's Charli and Bella, patiently waiting their turn to go go-carting with their Dads!!



Charli loved it!



Tiana, Chris, Torrin, and Brian, showing off their big catch of the day!



Brooks Relaxin with Dad!!! Brooks is seriously obsessed with Chris! He goes to him over me EVERY time!! Although it hurts my feelings a little bit....... Its the cutest thing ever!



Swingin!



Brooks driven the boat like a pro!



Charli wake boarding with her Aunti Katie!! I couldn't believe she was brave enough to try this! I was so proud of her! And Katie is seriously a Pro!



One of Charli's favorite things about being on a boat, is holding up the orange flag, regardless if anyone's in the water of not! I had so many pictures of our trips to Chelan, I wish I was patient enough to put more up here, but lets just say we had SOOOO much fun! Looking at these pictures makes me so excited to go again ASAP!!

One day when Chris was in Alaska, I drove down to Portland to see my family!! Its always great to see them, and on this particular day, we took the kids to the Portland Zoo which was pretty awesome! This is my kids and I, with all my brothers and sisters. Ben, Danielle (holding Brooks), Anna, Charli, Me, and Nick..... Blue shorts is a stranger....






Kind of puts in perspective how big a polar beat is.....



I've never seen anything like this, but it was Amazing!! There were two black bears that were wrestling around like crazy, and growling loud enough for people on the other side of the zoo to hear! It was a super fun day, like always when we drive down there.

I wish I took more pictures of this day, because it was Incredible!! All my sister-in-law's (that live in state) and I were lucky enough to be able to celebrate Lindsay's 18th birthday, and my mother-in-law set us all up with a full spa day at the Gene Juerez at the Bellevue Galleria! We're talking Spa manicure, pedicure, spa facial, massage, Swiss shower, hair cut, makeup, and an amazing catered lunch!! Lindsay needs to turn 18 every year!!



This is all of us after our day. We stopped at Trophy Cupcakes and lit a candle for Lindsay!

Random cute pictures of the Forest Park Petting Zoo!


Charli kept asking me to take this little baby cow home......





Last but not least we had a really fun camping trip at Chris's Dad's property on Whidbey Island. The Mitchell's came with us, and the Bates came up for the first day!! In the summer, its one of the most beautiful places ever. It's peaceful, quiet, and secluded, but at the same time, its two minutes away from the beach, and only a ferry ride away from home! We love it there!


Here's the kids with "Missy" the deer. This is Bill's (friend of the family who takes care of the property) best friend! He loves this deer, and this deer loves bill!! She lives on the property, but comes and goes as she pleases, so you're lucky if you ever see her, and this trip we were lucky!!




Charli and Paisley fishing!



Brooks!




Some of the girls hangin out in the John Deer!! This was such a fun camping trip, I can't wait to do it again this summer. I guess I can't wait for summer in General! Every sunny day we get, it's amazing what a good mood I'm in! I hope this coming August is half as fun as the last one:)

1 comment:

Chelsey Bell said...

Oh my gosh Sarah your kids are beautiful and you need to post more! I mean Brooks is a stud! I'm definitely thinking arranged marriage for him and Blakely!