Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Polka-Dot Party!

Last Saturday we had quite the birthday party! Charli, Ava, and Kaho were all turning one, with-in a month of each other, so Kristi, Amy, and I decided to have a triple birthday bash, and celebrate all together! It was a pretty big project, complete with a BBQ, water balloon toss, and a doughnut eating contest, but well worth it in the end! Our goal was to get as much taken care of before hand as possible so we could actually enjoy the party, and not have it turn into a stressful event! A big thank you to all of our family and friends for coming, and especially to everyone who helped us make it happen! It was great to get everyone together, and watch all the kids play! I had a blast, and I think Charli, Kaho and Ava did too!

Me, Amy and Kristi, the sweet party planners. This is the only picture I had of us, and when I showed Chris he started laughing and said that I look like someone photo shopped my head onto a different body. I looked at it, and its true! I have no idea why I look so "off" but whatever, I think its funny.


Here's some of the kids bobbing for apples! We tried to convince all the adults to join the fun, but for some reason they weren't to excited! Its pretty gross when you think about it.

Our little One-year-olds waiting with shirts off for their birthday cake! (and yes, those are doughnuts dangling from a tree in the back round)

I was lucky enough to have my Dad come up from Portland to come to our party! It was really great to see him, and I'm pretty sure he had a good time! Thank you Dad!

Lucky for us, Chris FINALLY made it home from Alaska. He actually got back the night before, after having been gone for 5 weeks! Its amazing to have him back, and I defiantly need to give him credit for all he does for me and Charli! I wouldn't last up there for a single day, living on a boat, surrounded by fish! Thank you Chris for everything!!!



OK, I could not resist posting this picture. This is NOT Charli's birthday cake, this is a couple weeks ago, and her uncle Keni's birthday! I've never seen her go to town like this! It was everywhere!! From her hair to down in her diaper she was covered! On her birthday she was slightly more dainty, but I'm glad I at least have these pictures to look back on!

6 comments:

Hailey Smoot Kandell said...

Whta a cute party! I LOVE Charli showing on the cake!!!

Tuita Family said...

When I first looked at that picture of the 3 of us, all I could see was how FAT and UGLY I look (you could've told me that shirt wasn't very flattering)!!! Anyways, then I read your little note below it about your head being photo shopped in... I'm still laughing as I'm writing this comment!!! haha! You have been taking some great pictures lately!!!

Unknown said...

I think it turned out great! we did a good job. now lets just start brain storming for ideas for next year! ha ha. lets get together soon!

Lindsay Pugmire said...

I enjoyed the chocolate fountain the most. I would have enjoyed the doughnut-eating contest, but Chris was right next to me so every time we both went in for the doughnuts, our heads got awkwardly close and then I would start laughing. I probably would have won too.
P.S.
Just because you have the Jonas Brother's music playing on your blog does not make you the bigger fan. You need to be your own rainbow.

Sarah said...

It looks like the party was a blast, good job. Glad Chris got to come home and see his little family.

Scott and Chelsey said...

Oh my gosh so fun!!! You look so darling! I'm glad Chris made it back! That has to be hard!