Sunday, April 13, 2008

Leavenworth

Yesterday, spur of the moment idea, we decided to drive over to Leavenworth. For those of you not from around these parts, Leavenworth is this tiny Bavarian village smack dab in the middle of the mountains. The whole entire town, and i mean gas stations and all, all look like this picture. In my opinion its the cutest around Christmas time, because they totally deck it out with lights, and then there's the snow. But is was really fun to go look in the little shops, and get out of the house. The drive up there is also amazing, following the river the whole way.



I look scary I know.

All the food there is like, German sausage, or ice cream, so we had a little picnic, and all ate hot dogs. They seemed the least scary of the food choices. Thats Judy, Charli, Keni and Lindsay you see here


Another stroller picture

4 comments:

Tuita Family said...

It looks like you guys had fun! I wish we could've come- maybe next time. The weather was so nice yesterday, I'm sad, I keep checking the weather forecast and it's pretty much supposed to rain for the next week or two. Yesterday was such a summer tease for me- I'm bummed I didn't get to enjoy it more!!!

Unknown said...

How fun sarah! Deb keeps telling me that we need to take a little trip up there, so there's another spot we can hit up one of these days.

Tiffany said...

How fun! I love Leavenworth!!

whitney said...

looks like charli had a great time. :) i love leavenworth. it is such a cute little town. and i seem to remember going to this really good burger place thats right on the edge of town...... what a fun little day trip. lets get together this week.