Thursday, May 28, 2009

Mad Cow!!

So the other day, we we headed out for what was supposed to be a happy fun day at the zoo. The last time we went, Charli was in heaven and talked about all the animals for a week after! Needless to say, I was happy to finally have some nice weather and spend a relaxing day with my daughter in her happy place. Welp I was mistaken. My first mistake was deciding to start our trip in the "farm" area of the zoo. We looked at the sleeping goats, and the pigs that didn't move, and I could tell she was hoping for more action. I saw across the way a cow that was standing right up against the fence, so I thought at least I could get her really close, and maybe she could even pet it. No sooner than I got her (buckled in her stroller) right up against the fence, did this cow lower its head, eye level with her, and let out the loudest, scariest "Moo" I have ever heard! Not only was it as loud as a bullhorn, but the thing showed all its teeth, and continued to moo, as I carried my screaming child who was clinging to me like a monkey as far away as I could get. Great start to our day. So...... I spent the next HOUR and a HALF carrying her around, and pushing my stroller because after that she refused to walk, or ride. Even after she had calm down, and we were well away from the "farm" sometimes you could faintly hear that cow moo in the distance, and we were back at square one all over again. My arm was about to fall off! (I will also remind you that I'm almost 30 weeks pregnant!) On our way home, and still today, she will randomly tell me "cow eat ta-ti!" I guess we'll see if I've given my little girl a life long fear of cows!
(Obviously this isn't the actual cow, but you get the idea)
My saving grace!! The one place at the zoo that I knew would distract her! One ride on the carousel, and she was back talking about Disneyland! Yeah for my arms!! (Check out her sandals, their my favorite)
Just a quick shot of my little one with an animal that she has no problem ordering around, and taking charge of! One of our little dogs Lola.

6 comments:

The Petersons said...

Oh my...I can just picture that whole cow thing! I would have been terrified too! Sounds like you're having fun though!

Scott and Chelsey said...

Poor you!!! That is hilarious though not going to lie! Love her shoes. I'm debating whether to get Blakely her own dog. Good entertainment?

Rachel said...

LOL. that is SOOO funny. sad for her, and you. but so funny. You'll laugh at it someday :)

Unknown said...

wow. too funny. hey I am back in town now well i have been for a while. do you want to get together soon. maybe this week?

Ginny Tanner said...

It is so sad when something like that happens, but pretty funny looking back. We brought Logan to the zoo and there was a dinasaur section, with big growling dinasaurs and he was literally shaking in my arms the whole time. He loves his tricycle, but is still learning to pedal. It has a little trunk in the back, which he plays with just as much as riding it. Congrats on having a boy this Aug! We are due at the end of July with a boy, too.:) Hope you're feeling alright!

Jennifer @ Mom Spotted said...

Your blog is adorable! Thanks for stopping by! Your wedding pictures on the side are amazing!

Sorry your poor daughter had to get scared, hopefully it doesn't ruin future experiences!