Friday, August 29, 2008

HAWAII

Welp we're finally back from a much needed AMAZING trip to Hawaii. Chris's dad could possibly be the most generous person on the face of this planet, and flew the entire family, grand kids and all, to the North Shore of Oahu for 10 days. He not only did that, but he put us up in ocean front villas, that were absolutely incredible. It doesn't end there. Lets just make this short and say he basically took care of EVERYTHING. Needless to say, it was soooooo much fun! Chris and I don't get to go on to many vacations, so I had been looking forward to this for months, and it lived up to every hope I may have had. Chris and I really tried to take advantage of every second, and went to lots of amazing places, beaches, and restaurants. All and all, it was one of the best vacations I've ever been on. I honestly took over 200 pictures, so I tried to just pick a few favorites. These in no way captures the fun we had, but at least it might give a little glimpse.



Nap time was definitely an "on the go" thing most of this trip. She was great, and just made due sleeping where ever we were


I was definitely the one taking pictures on this trip, so I have TONS of Charli and her Dad.




I had to just get a picture of this little dress I found, that I absolutely love.


A few of us spent the last morning at sunset beach, and Torrin did a little boogie boarding... he needs just a little more practice I would say.


Charli and Me at Sunset beach




While we were there, we were blessed to attend the sealing of Chris's 3 youngest siblings in the Hawaii temple. They were absolutely adorable, and it was a beautiful ceremony.


Charli and Torrin at Sharks Cove


I just love this picture of Kaho, at Turtle Bay Beach


Charli couldn't get enough of these parrots! She would point at them and laugh when ever they moved.


Our little family at the Polynesian Cultural Center


Steph and AJ at Hanauma Bay. By far the most amazing beach I've ever been to in my life. The snorkeling was incredible, with tons of sea turtles, fish, and crystal clear water.


Just a picture that doesn't do this place any justice, but it's taken from the cliff above, overlooking a small part of Hanauma Bay



Please excuse my brother-in-law Robs obscene finger! This was one of the only pictures I got of everyone (except me) who went to Wiamea Falls. Charli napping in her stroller, as usual


This one is just funny, because someone put a leaf on her head, and it stayed there for a good 10 minutes before she realized it was there!


OK, so in my opinion it was worth the money and the walk, because you go through botanical gardens that are AMAZING, but the finally is supposed to be the falls...... here I am with Charli, in front of the falls/trickle. Normally you can swim, but since there has been so little rain, the water hasn't been flowing into little stream. Since its been standing still, the water collects lots of bacteria, so there's no swimming aloud.

We learned during this trip that Charli is obsessed with birds! A perfect example of this obsession is pictured here, with Charli chasing after this poor peacock. Little did I know that peacocks will attack other "things" that are it's same height. Luckily a lady who worked there saw us all laughing at Charli and told us she was getting way to close, and the peacock was getting mad.


Fia, Kinsey, Torrin, and Emma!

On one of the days, we went to a water park that Charli loved! Chris took her on a couple water slides, and she played in all the little fountains. The cold water didn't even phase her, she just loved it!




Over all it seriously was a pretty amazing trip, and I'm sad that its over. Especially now that Chris has to leave again on Wednesday for Alaska for another month. The one thing we do have to look forward to, is our house is finally going to close at the end of this month, and we will officially have a place to call our own! So I guess its happy furniture shopping for me:)

11 comments:

Jason and Amy said...

What a fun trip, I am SOOO jealous! Looks like you had a BLAST! Charli is cute as ever. When are you guys coming to Utah? We should have a back in the day reunion.

Unknown said...

I just noticed you posted. We had so much fun with you guys on the trip. We need to plan some fun things to do while chris is gone and I am excited for your new house!

"MAMMA" Breshears said...

The trip looks like so much fun! Tell Bob and Judy Congrats on the sealing! That is so great that you could all go and be a part of it!Awesome memories!

Scott and Chelsey said...

Oh how fun! I love Hawaii and can't wait to get back. He has such a fun family!

Brooke said...

so so so jealous...i want to go back to hawaii so bad and with the whole family nothing could be better

Steph said...

Hey there! It looks like you had a blast! CUte pictures! I lover he little Hawaiian dress! As for me, surgery went just fine. I only was sore for one day. I have my follow-up next week. We MAY be back in town sooner than thanksgiving... we have some friends that are having a baby any time now, so if they do the blessing over there sooner than Nov. then we'll be over for that. And YES I heard what happened with Midnight Sun, and that's just sad...I had no idea, I hadn't seen it online. But at least she posted the draft because sometime when I get the chance I want to read it!

Anderson Adventures said...

Wow!How amazing. that is awesome you got to spend time with your family in such a beatutiful place. Your daughter is so cute.

Hailey Smoot Kandell said...

how fun, i love hawaii, i am jealous!!!

whitney said...

JEALOUS MUCH. it looks like you guys had an absolute amazing time in hawaii! and charli always has the cutest little outfits on. i cannot believe that amy was able to go with you guys. i bet that was so much fun! what is this about your house, is it almost done? i wanna come and see! we must get together soon! miss you!

Tiffany said...

I love all the pictures! The trip looks and sounds like it was amazing! I'm pretty much jealous of you all that got to go!

Rachel said...

that trip looks amazing. I can't believe how big Charli looks all of the sudden, walking around in those cute little outfits =)