Friday, October 23, 2009

A Scary Moment

Last Saturday night was shaping up to be a good one, until my little dare devil decided to jump off the foot of her bed, only to some how get caught and fall face forward on the edge of the table in front of her. She cracked her forehead right open and was screaming bloody murder. I've honestly never seen so much blood come out of such a little head in all my life. I had a completely soaked little towel. Needless to say we took her to the emergency room, and I was fearing the worst, thinking she was gonna be completely traumatized by getting stitches. Upon arriving my fears shifted when the lady checking us in told me that they has some very scary, sick, contagious people in the waiting room, and that we needed to do whatever we had to do to protect our children! I was like what the heck does that mean???!! That's when my prayers started. To make a long story shorter, Charli was AMAZING and just wore the little mask. She actually didn't even want to take it off when we were leaving! Brooks stayed under a blanket in his carrier, and we waited in a whole separate area all by ourselves. Charli was such a trooper the whole time. All she wanted was some rubber gloves like the doctor, and she was golden. She serenaded the doctor and nurse with "someday my prince will come" as he glued her head back together (no stitches yea!!) Now she tells everyone we see how the doctor fixed her ow-wee and shes all better. Then she will ask you, if you're all better.

I didn't get any pictures of her cut in all its glory when it was bleeding but here it is post glue job.

They gave her this little animal that she calls mousey

She's showing off her "pretty bracelet" with a band aid over her cut before the doctor came in.

6 comments:

Shannon and Kevin Mills said...

that is so scary and probably more traumatizing for you then her ... glad everyone is ok.

Scott and Chelsey said...

oh my gosh i'm so sorry girl!!! glad you are hanging in there! Blakely isn't scared of anything either and it's already making me nervouss!! I just don't want her to lose her teeth!!

Rachel said...

scary! I'm glad she's okay. that picture is so funny with the mouse and mask and gloves/ she's all decked out. :)

Steph said...

OH my gosh, that's so SO scary and sad!!!! I'm glad it went smoothly and she was ok! Love the pictures with the gloves. poor girl!

Polly and Nathan said...

I guess I am just a little disappointed that you didn't get a picture when this was all going down. At least she is doing ok and she enjoyed the emergency room. But next time, try and think of the blog.

Johnny & Alli said...

What a trooper! Poor thing...