Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy 4th of July!!

So I didn't really know what to expect this year for the 4th, because once again Chris is in Alaska, and Charli is NOT a fan of loud noises. The few days before, people in our neighborhood were lighting off fireworks, and she wanted nothing to do with them! She wanted me to shut the window, and wanted me to hold her.... Anyways, it started out pretty good, here she is swimming in grandma's pool with her cousins...



Then after we all BBQ'd she got to light her first sparkler with her Uncle Rob....








Then the real fireworks began..... I ended up taking her home, and even on the drive, she covered her eyes and didn't wanna look out the window! We spent the rest of the night, literally until after midnight, curled up on the couch. She was hiding behind her elephant, didn't want me to get up, kept saying "I scarred" until finally they started to die down. Here's hoping next year she's a little braver!








Poor thing.

4 comments:

whitney said...

charli is SO gorgeous! i love her little braid! i cant wait to take pictures of her and her little brother. talk soon!

Gayle said...

That is so funny. Charli will out grow the fear. Marissa did the same thing. She hid in the car when we watch the fireworks at that age.
By next year she will be 'big girl' for her baby brother.

Rachel said...

bummer. I think this was my 4th year of not seeing the fireworks. I have either had a little baby or we've had Luke to bed too early to go out. I think it will be nice in 10 years when all the kids are big enough to enjoy them. I sure do miss them though.

Unknown said...

poor charli. she is so sweet. Ava did the opposite. she was thrilled and kept saying "oh my gosh" everytime tj lit one. leaving for mexico on sunday. so lets plan getting together when i get back.