Saturday, February 6, 2010

6 Months Today!

My little baby Brooks is 6 MONTHS TODAY!!! Crazy how big he is, and how he is too quickly turning from a baby into a little boy. He is the sweetest cutest little guy I've ever met, and I couldn't possibly love him more! The last 6 months have been amazing with him as the newest member of our family, and I can't wait for all the time to come!
At 6 months Brooks:
Is loving his food! Seriously this kid is hungry all the time! He gets lots of little bites of whatever I'm eating (if its something a baby could eat of course) and loves rice cereal mixed with peas, applesauce, bananas, peaches, pears, sweet potatoes, carrots, and green beans! Its funny, he won't eat rice cereal alone... it literally makes him gag.
He can sit up for small periods of time, but when he looks around, he usually tips over:)
Gets around by rolling.
He has one little tooth poking through on the bottom, and another almost there! Seriously I can't believe this. Charli didn't get teeth until she was almost 1!
He laughs all the time, but usually it sounds more like this uncontrollable scream/squeal
He's turned into the BEST baby! I seriously can take him anywhere! Trust me, it wasn't always like this.
He still hates his car seat. The first 5-10 minutes of any drive are torture.
He's still a great nurser
He loves to grab his feet!
He seriously always has his arm up, and turned outward with his pinkey at his mouth... we call it his Dr. Evil, because seriously that's exactly what he does.
He loves to suck on his lower lip.


We're still not sure what color his eyes are going to be. Right now, they are a grey, with what looks to be a little blue and green...
He's a drooling machine!! We change bibs and shirts like crazy!
He loves our dogs. They make him laugh all the time!
He does not like to be left alone, where no one is in his eyesight.

He loves to watch TV. Even when I'm feeding him, I have to cover him with a blanket, or he'll just keep trying to turn his head to watch it.
He loves to face outward and see everything that's going on.
He loves to be held, cuddled, and given lots of attention!! WE LOVE HIM!!


6 comments:

Scott and Chelsey said...

Wow is he really already 6 months! I can't believe that! He is so freaking darling! I love the one with the hood on!

Rachel said...

he's growing up so fast. I love my babies but I sometimes wish i could start at 6 months. Everything is so much easier by then. He is such a cute boy. I love his sweet little smile. I bet he gets a lot of attention!

jillian said...

woah...ummm time goes by way too fast because i swear you just had him! he is a doll.

Bright Beginnings said...

So cute! Love that you have these updates about him so you can remember all the little things about him. He is growing up so fast! He is at such a FUN age!

6lasdiablitas said...

He's such a cute cuddly baby, I loved holding him the other day :) Sorry our plans have continually been falling through. I was going to do the recipe swap but Max got a fever, hopefully it goes away soon and isn't anything serious. Anyways, lets still get together soon and do the recipe swap or anything. I just need to get out of the house!

Johnny & Alli said...

He is huge! And he couldn't be cuter!!