Thursday, January 7, 2010

Good To Be Back!!

Welp, I'm finally calling my blog vacation to a close. I seriously can't believe its January, and my last post was .... Halloween!!! Wow that's embarrassing. Anyways like all of you I'm sure the Holiday's were crazy and time just flew by! We had a wonderful Christmas spent at home, and the whole season was just great. It was especially fun on Christmas morning because Charli was finally old enough to understand what was going on, and loved opening every present she got. In fact it was hard to get her to keep opening them, because she wanted to play with each toy she got, right then and there. She still talks about how Santa ate all the cookies, and we are still watching "Mickey's Twice Upon a Christmas." I'm sure Brooks enjoyed himself too, he mostly ate the wrapping paper after Charli opened his gifts.
Chris has been home since before Thanksgiving, and I partly blame him for my blogging absence. When he's here, we just try and take advantage of everyday, and do lots of fun things. Just a little catch up, here is some of the things we did over the break. Went sledding at Snoqualmie Pass, took Charli roller skating for the first time, made gingerbread houses, looked at Christmas lights, watched tons of Christmas movies, baked, decorated, undecorated, threw my sister-in-law a baby shower, spoke in church, shaved Brooks head, went to Christmas parties, saw Santa a few times, shopped, hung out with all the family from out of town LOTS!! And the list goes on.
So a HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone!! As far as resolutions go, some of my less personal ones are, of course I want to be better at keeping up with my blog, I want to have a clean car, stick to our family budget, and get the rest of our house decorated! We'll see how it goes, so far so good. Anyhow I have lots of pictures to come, but I just wanted to post SOMETHING right now! My little Brooks is 5 MONTHS!!! I can't believe it. He is a happy little guy, who rolls all over the place, pushes himself up, laughs, giggles, smiles, loves to sit in his bumbo seat, loves the dogs, loves him mom dad and sister, and .....still wakes up in the night. Ugh. Its my fault because for some reason I go through some weird separation anxiety, and wait forever to put my babies in their own room... I'm weird I know, but I feel like I'm abandoning them, and banishing them to the nursery. Anyone else ever feel like that?? Anyways I guess the time has come to finally put him in there and let him cry it out. If anyone has any advise let me know. I never had to deal with this, with Charli.
This is the most scattered post ever, but anyways mostly wanted everyone to know I'm back in the blogging business, and there is more to come later!

3 comments:

jeremy and steph said...

Excited to see the pics :) and glad you guys had a good Christmas! I totally relate to Mickey's Twice Upon a Christmas...I seriously think I could repeat the entire thing line by line! At least it is a cute show :) By the end of Christmas I was kindof ready for it to be a year away...probably because we got completely overloaded on Christmas movies :)

The Petersons said...

How is it that I never take pictures when I see you!?? I think the last one I have was from my wedding but...I think that's the only one is like 4 years! Anyway, it was good seeing you over Christmas and I hope to see ya again at least once before this baby comes! :)

Steph said...

wow, you've been busy. I can't believe he's already 5 months! I still haven't met him! When can we get together?! Just let me know, I'll make it happen! Good luck with the nursery... I could never sleep with him my room, every time he made a noise I woke up. So he was in his room after the first week home. You might have to sleep in there with him a few times while he gets used to it, so it's not a new place and being alone at the same time to deal with.