Friday, February 6, 2009

Sunny days... or at least non-raining days!

This last week, we were lucky enough to get a little break from the freezing cold and the rain. Its amazing how when it goes from being in the 20's to in the low 50's , you suddenly feel like summer is on its way! Here's just a few pictures of some things we did in the sun!
This isn't a great pic, and it definitely doesn't do this park justice, but I took Charli to feed the ducks down in Kirkland along lake Washington. This one park is notorious for having tons of ducks, and although you cant see them here, there must have been hundreds. She really liked it at first... or I should say when the ducks were keeping there distance, but as soon as we started to feed them, they swarmed us to the point that it made me nervous! She wasn't a fan after that, so we played on the toys, then said bye to the ducks as we left. I asked her if she wanted to feed them again before we leave, and she freaked out when I got out the bread crumbs, and kept saying "no mommy! no mommy!" Then she yelled bye bye as the ducks followed us all the way back to the car.
After the duck adventure and a good nap, my sister-in-law Katie and I took the kiddo's to Harvey Airfield to look at the planes take off and land. We lucked out, and a man actually took us all the way up to a plane, opened it up, and let the kids climb inside and push all the buttons! They loved it!
On Wednesday which was supposed to be the nicest, but also the last nice day for a while, a few of us decided to take the kids to the zoo! It was a little crazy, but they loved it! Charli especially loved the squirrels, that kept running across our path, and the seagulls, and crows that were also everywhere. She also liked to point out all the leaves on the ground, and the trees. She's so funny, of the animals that we actually paid to see, I think her favorite was a tie between the ducks (I was a little surprised she still liked them after what happened) and the snakes. When we saw the snakes, she just stood in front of the glass making snake noises, and had a pretty rough time when we had to move on.
Here she is saying "Cheese"



It might be hard to tell from this picture, but this adorable little monkey, came right up to the glass and just stayed there the whole time. His name was Simon, and he was by far my favorite animal of the day! I wanted to take him home.




All the kids with Simon!

Group picture on the hippo!



2 comments:

Hailey Smoot Kandell said...

Ok Charli is so dang cute. wish you lived closer, I bet she and my kids would get along.

Unknown said...

I love charli's bangs! I am back now so we should get together some time this week. call me!