Friday, November 7, 2008

Happy Halloween!!

I feel like this year Halloween snuck up on me pretty fast. I think its because I've been so focused on my house, that everything else gets put on the back burner. However, it did turn out to be a pretty fun night. Actually Halloween started in our neighborhood around 2:30 in the afternoon, when the smart little kids got off the bus from school, made there way down the street, trick-or-treating every house they passed! Then at around 4:30, Halloween was in full swing, with the streets full of kids and their parents! So since charli was finally feeling better, I decided why not, and got Charli dressed and took her to a few houses in our neighborhood. At first she was a little shy, and wouldn't say trick-or-treat (like we had been practicing forever), but I think when she realized people were putting candy in her little pumpkin, she changed her mind, and would walk right up to their front doors. Her favorite part though, was by far handing out candy at our house. She would just wait by the door, and look out the little window watching for the kids to come. She helped put the candy in their bags, and would say "bye-bye" as they left. So cute. But seriously I bet we had well over a hundred trick-or-treaters. I was completely out of candy by 7, and still could barely get out the door to go to Bri and Robs annual Halloween party, because the door bell kept ringing. Finally we got there, and Bri and Rob truly out did themselves with there Halloween decorating. From the skeletons in the grass, to the lights, graves, and spiderwebs, it was honestly amazing!



So I had to put a picture of my mother-in-law, and Lindsay (and little Polina), because if there was a costume contest, I would have defiantly made them the winners!



Here's little Charli next to my awesome pumpkin..... That got smashed later that night:(



And just so Chris could see my hair, I'm posting this super shot of me and Charli.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute pics! charli's costume is great! we had alot of trick or treaters too.

Steph said...

Charli's so cute! Ok, so can I just say that your pumpkin truly is awesome. I bow to your pumpkin carving abilities!!! I forgot how artistic you are! And by the way... when do I get to see some pictures of your new house?! I'm dying to see them!

Scott and Chelsey said...

Oh girl love the hair! That is too die for! You look hot and so does Charlie@

Rachel said...

awesome costume. I love the hair!

Whitney said...

hey stranger!! i hope things are well with you guys and that you are having a fantastic holiday season! i need your address. email me: forwhitney@gmail.com thanks!