Friday, April 2, 2010

Good-bye Pluggies!!



After almost 2 1/2 years it was finally time to say good-bye to Charli's beloved "pluggie". I've been considering taking it away for so long, but she loved it so much, I couldn't bring myself to break her little heart by taking it away. But seeing what a big girl she is becoming, and realizing I'm gonna have to do it eventually, I finally decided the time had come. So I asked everyone I knew who had taken away a pacifier for all the advice they had. They gave me all sorts of Ideas! Everything from tying them to balloons and letting them float away, to having Charli trade her pluggie for a new toy, to everything im-between! She only has it at night and during nap time, and I've actually tried taking it away at nap time before, and it was seriously the saddest thing ever! She was crying in her room looking for it, took all the blankets and sheets off her bed, then finally realized it was no where to be found so just laid by the door of her room and begged for it back, mid sobs. I did the worst thing ever, gave in, and gave it back to her. I think it was worse for me then her. So I spent all this time decided exactly what I was going to do, this time and when Chris got home from Alaska I told him all about my elaborate plan. Welp to make a long story short, he put her to bed, and minutes later, comes down with her pluggie in his hand. I heard no crying, or searching. I waited, still no crying. When I asked him what in the heck he said to her, he told me that he said pluggies are for babies. He then asked her if she was a baby and she said no.... she then willingly handed it over, and that was that. I couldn't believe it! She actually slept through the night no problem and has seriously only brought it up like maybe two times since! I don't know what I would do with out my amazing husband. Only he could make things so simple.
Oh, and by the way that is a google image. My daughter does not have a diamond encrusted platinum pacifier

7 comments:

Rachel said...

that's awesome. I think we stress about it more than they do. Luke was almost 3 when I finally took his away.

Scott and Chelsey said...

That is awesome! Always make the men do the hard stuff. She is getting so so big!

Steph said...

first of all, I have never heard anyone call them Pluggies, that's too cute. Second, go Chris. That's so funny that that's all it took, what a cute story! And yes, we seriously need to get together. I've been sick with like the never ending cold, either that or I keep getting different strains one right after another... but I'm anticipating being ok next week, if not... I'll go insane. What is your schedule like then?

Johnny & Alli said...

Hey how did you get Charli to potty train? Did you use a method or just work with her a lot?

Shannon and Kevin Mills said...

I am starting to stress over Hailey's I'm sure the older she gets the harder it will be ...

Beth Tunnell said...

wow! You are so lucky. I wish it had been that easy for Britton to give up her pacifiers. So I was going thru some of my old blog posts (I think we're going to make a book) and found you! Glad you guys are doing well.

Unknown said...

naice..:) :)

check oht my sketches and photographs on my blog..http://www.akshaychugh.blogspot.com